Agnes is a Solicitor at Tiang & Partners. A trade lawyer with broad experience, Agnes advises clients on a wide range of international trade matters. She has particular experience in foreign direct investment and supply chain restructuring projects for duty and tax efficiency.
Agnes trained at a niche immigration law firm in London before moving to Tiang & Partners. She holds an LLB from Queen Mary, University of London and a master’s degree in international management for China at SOAS, London.
Agnes is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Areas of expertise
- Foreign direct investment
- International trade regulation
- Export controls and sanctions
- Supply chain restructuring projects for duty and tax efficiency
- Advising a specialty retailer on all aspects of their China market entry from corporate formation, cosmetics regulatory requirements and intercompany transaction structuring.
- Advising a global headwear brand on implementation of first sale for export basis of appraisement.
- Providing advice on Hong Kong and China import and export requirement to an American multinational technology company, which focuses on e-commerce.
- Assisting world’s largest express courier company in a detailed internal review and operational restructure in China and Hong Kong.
- Advising large internet marketplace on the merchant and customer agreements, regulatory compliance, product labelling and market entry requirements in Hong Kong and China.
- Advising a Chinese multinational telecommunication equipment manufacturer on export control and sanctions investigations and establishment of a robust compliance program.
- Providing advice to a leading luxury department store in the UK on Hong Kong and China import and export requirement.
- Assisting a global logistics company in reviewing logistics agreements.