Albert is a Senior Solicitor at Tiang & Partners. He has substantial private practice corporate experience representing PRC and Hong Kong-based investors and companies on mergers and acquisitions, business restructuring and reorganisations, corporate governance and compliance matters.
Albert has also regularly advised clients on employment law issues including on employment contracts, employee rewards and incentive plans, employee terminations as well as data privacy legal issues.
Albert previously practiced at Stephenson Harwood. He qualified as a Hong Kong solicitor in January 2016. He holds an LLB from King’s College London and a PCLL from The University of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Initial public offering and equity capital market transactions
- Company law and general commercial legal advisory
- Employment and data privacy
- Advising Justin Allen Holdings Limited, a garment manufacturer, in relation to its Main Board listing in Hong Kong.
- Advising a PRC stated owned entity in relation to the acquisition of a logistics company based in Slovakia as part of the One Belt One Road initiative.
- Advising a Hong Kong knitwear manufacturer in relation to the setting up of a joint venture with a leading supply chain management company to create the world’s largest knitwear production company.
- Advising a German multinational software corporation in an internal restructuring of its global entities, including Singapore incorporated subsidiaries, following the acquisition of a global enterprise software company in a deal worth US$2.4 billion.
- Advising various Hong Kong Science and Technology Park and Cyberport start-up companies in relation to corporate matters such as fundraising and restructuring.
- Advising MNCs in relation to employment matters such as reviewing employment contracts and termination of employees.
- Advising MNCs on data privacy matters such as reviewing privacy policies in relation to compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and General Data Protection Regulation.