Felix is a Senior Solicitor of Tiang & Partners. His practice focuses on advising private and public listed companies on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, international business reorganisations and other corporate needs. Felix also provides clients with general corporate and commercial legal advice for their day-to-day operations, including on connected transactions and other listed company compliance matters under the Hong Kong Listing Rules.
Prior to joining the firm, Felix was at Reed Smith Richards Butler for five years. He qualified as a solicitor in New South Wales (Australia) in 2012 and in Hong Kong in 2015. He holds a double degree in Commerce (Finance) and Law from the University of New South Wales, Australia and PCLL from City University of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of expertise
- Cross-border M&A
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- International business reorganisations and restructurings
- Listing Rules compliance and corporate governance
- General corporate and commercial legal advisory
- Advising various multinational corporate groups, including PepsiCo and Fung Group, on international business restructuring projects.
- Advising a Hong Kong based retail conglomerate on its successful licensing of a Japanese cake and bakery business in Hong Kong.
- Advising the Hong Kong arm of a transnational water, waste and energy management company in relation to its acquisition of a 51% stake in a mechanical engineering business based in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Advising a medical supply chain solutions company on a tailored pre-IPO employee share incentive scheme.
- Advising a Hong Kong listed property developer on its RMB6.2 billion discloseable acquisition of property interests in the Shenzhen Bay area from a connected person, triggering shareholders approval and independent financial advisor requirements.
- Advising a Hong Kong listed conglomerate on its disposal of its non-beer businesses to its state-owned parent company for an aggregate consideration of HK$30 billion. The transaction also involved a conditional special dividend of HK$29.8 billion, capital reduction of HK$10 billion and voluntary partial offer of approximately 20% of its issued shares for HK$6.15 billion, involving Listing Rules and Takeovers Code implications.
- Advising a Hong Kong listed intimate wear company on its licensing discussions and arrangements with numerous other global apparel brands.
- Advising a client on its subscription of RMB1 billion convertible bonds issued by a Hong Kong listed issuer and on the event of default which subsequently arose.
- Advising various Hong Kong listed company clients including LifeTech Scientific (HK:1302), Haohai Biotech (HK:6826), China Resources Beer (HK:0291), China Resources Land (HK:1109), China Resources Gas (HK:1193), BYD Company Limited (HK:1211), BYD Electronic (HK:0285), Hengan International (HK:1044), Wanda Hotel Development (HK:0169) and more on post-listing compliance matters.