Gabrielle is a Senior Solicitor at Tiang & Partners. She specialises in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and restructures, and due diligence, with a focus on the Asia Pacific region. She also has significant experience across all forms of corporate and commercial issues including regulatory compliance (including corporations, financial services, consumer law, and professional standards), governance, intellectual property commercialisation and protection, and disputes.
Prior to joining Tiang & Partners, Gabrielle was a Senior Associate of Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers in Australia and had been seconded to Royal Automobile Club of Queensland as an in-house corporate legal counsel.
Gabrielle is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and Queensland, Australia.
Areas of expertise
- Cross-border M&A
- General corporate and commercial legal advisory
- Reorganisations and restructurings
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Advising the shareholders of an international façade engineering group on the disposal of a majority interest and subsequent earn-out to a French project management and engineering group.
- Advising the Hong Kong arm of a global waste management business in relation to its acquisition of a Hong Kong and Macau based consulting group, including advising on the post-completion restructure of the target group.
- Negotiating the acquisition of several retail businesses in the PRC by the retail arm of a global supply chain group.
- Advising a private investment company in a multimillion dollar recapitalisation of a number of its investments.
- Advising on feasibility structure and associated issues in relation to a group restructure and the carve-out of certain businesses of a global retail and wholesale group, including implementation of the restructure.
- Conducting numerous due diligence investigations for international and local clients and project managing related due diligence investigations in other jurisdictions.
- Acting for a private day hospital group in respect of the disposal of its day hospital businesses to a listed entity, and managing the pre-disposal restructure of its property holding entities.
- Advising one of Australia’s largest insurers, following its merger with a bank, in respect of the post-merger provision of financial products and services.
- Advising on the restructure of an agribusiness group, including inserting a new holding company into the ground structure, advising on the takeover and compulsory acquisition of Australian entities by Hong Kong and Cayman Island entities and an equity sale with a PRC ultimate holding company.
- Successfully representing the board members and senior executives of a large public company in a five year investigation into their conduct by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- Successfully representing the Australian branch of a Swedish appliance group before the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and providing compliance training to its senior executives.
- Acting for a large transport group in respect of the restructure of its property holding and operational entities, and the acquisition of another transport business.
- Acting for an Australian and New Zealand life science and biotechnology company on its disposal to a PRC listed company.
- Advising on the merger of two medical research institutes owned by separate private hospitals.
- Negotiating an APAC distribution agreement with a prominent Chinese alcohol supplier on behalf of a French international alcohol producer.
- Negotiating and drafting multi-million dollar funding agreements for a provider of medical devices, with counterparties including state and federal government, private equity firms and hospitals, as well as advising the client on the commercialisation and protection of the intellectual property rights in its device.
- Advising the General Counsel of Asia Pacific’s largest network of sport, entertainment, conference and exhibition venues on a myriad of intellectual property issues relating to its entertainment venues and ancillary operations, in respect of copyright, design, and trademarks including providing solutions to overcome contentious trademark applications and drafting submissions to IP Australia.
- Providing ongoing compliance and corporate governance advice to an Australian private hospital, including in respect of competition law matters.
- Successfully representing the general counsel of a large public company against allegations of misconduct by ASIC and the Legal Services Commission.
- Representing a major Australian retail group in respect of an investigation by the ACCC and implementing competition and consumer law compliance programs and policies, providing annual competition and consumer law training to senior officers.