Gigi is a Partner at Tiang & Partners. She has over 20 years of experience in capital markets transactions, corporate finance, M&As and SFC licence applications and regulatory work. She is well regarded in the field of investment banking while taking up senior positions in various prestigious institutions such as Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and Standard Chartered Bank.
Before joining the firm, Gigi was a partner at global law firm O'Melveny & Myers and she worked for one of the top UK law firms Clifford Chance. Gigi holds a B.A. (Jurisprudence) and an M.A. from the University of Oxford. Gigi is dual qualified in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of expertise
- Hong Kong securities laws, Hong Kong Listing Rules and Hong Kong company laws
- Cross-border merger and acquisitions
- Corporate finance
- Capital markets (IPOs, equity and debt)
- SFC licensing and regulatory advice
- Provided Hong Kong Listing Rules, M&A and general corporate advice to listed companies such as Shanghai Haohai Biotech, China Harmony Auto, Lifetech Scientific, New Focus Auto and Christine International
- Advised on Delta Airline’s strategic investment in China Eastern Airlines, CDBI’s investment in Yingde Gases and CDH’s investment in New Focus Auto
- Advised Piper Jaffray, Equities First Holdings and various SFC licensed corporations on licence applications and regulatory issues
- Advised on the Hong Kong IPOs of Shanghai Haohai Biotech, Phoenix Healthcare, Hengxing Gold, Haitong Securities, China Flooring and Xiao Nan Guo
- Advised on the bond issues of various listed companies in Hong Kong and Asia