Joyce is a Counsel of Tiang & Partners. She has more than 15 years of private practice corporate experience representing PRC and Hong Kong-based investors and companies in mergers and acquisitions, strategic debt, equity, convertible instrument and hybrid investments, pre-IPO investments, Hong Kong Main Board/GEM listings and post-listing compliance matters.
Joyce previously worked for global law firm O’Melveny and has also worked in Hong Kong and Shanghai for different international law firms. She holds an LLB and PCLL from City University of Hong Kong, and a post graduate diploma in art business from The University of Manchester.
Her working languages are English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of expertise
- Equity capital market transactions
- Financings and pre-IPO investments
- Cross-border M&A
- Listing Rules compliance
- General corporate and commercial legal advisory
- Employee incentive plans
Equity capital markets and compliance
- Advising on the Hong Kong listings of Justin Allen Holdings, Digital Hollywood, LifeTech Scientific, Christine International, Wanguo Mining, Hengxing Gold, Shanghai Haohai Biological, Phoenix Healthcare and more.
- Advising various Hong Kong listed company clients including Chong Hing Bank (HK.1111), Hysan (HK:0014), SMIT Holdings (HK:2239), China Harmony Auto (HK:3836), Haohai Biotech (HK:6826), LifeTech Scientific (HK:1302), Besunyen (HK:0926), Christine International (HK:1210), GCL-Poly (HK:3800) and more on post-listing compliance matters.
- Advising a leading automobile after-sales service and parts distribution company (based in Shanghai and dual listed in Hong Kong and Taiwan), in connection with its takeover by a private equity firm through issuance of US$48 million of convertible bonds and US$48 million of new shares.
- Advising a private equity firm on its US$32 million pre-IPO investment in a Hong Kong-listed natural gas distribution company through the subscription of convertible notes.
Corporate and M&A
- Advising an industrial papermaker (listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange) in the sale of its subsidiaries and paper mill in Shanghai to a PRC-based property group at the consideration of RMB1.3 billion.
- Advising SMIT Holdings in its acquisition of 86.36% shareholding in S2C Tech Inc. (a private company in the business of software development).
- Advising LifeTech Scientific (1302.HK) in its issuance of convertible notes valued at HK$2 billion as part of the strategic investment by Medtronic.
- Advising a major global plastic products company in its US$28.2 million buyout of 30% shares in a Hong Kong company.
- Advising a Hong Kong/PRC-based electronics manufacturer in the sale of its controlling stakes to a US private equity fund at the total transaction value of US$28 million.