Kevin is a counsel of Tiang & Partners with extensive experience in cross-border banking, finance and debt capital markets transactions. He has a particular focus on structured finance, securitisation, asset-backed and secured finance and structured products. He advises arrangers, originators, lenders, borrowers, issuers and trustees on transactions involving a wide range of industries such as financial services, aviation, consumer credit, automobile and real estate in the Asia-Pacific region including in the PRC, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Prior to joining Tiang & Partners, Kevin worked for global law firms Jones Day and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. He holds an LLB and a PCLL from The University of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Areas of expertise
- Banking and finance
- Asset-backed and secured finance
- Debt capital markets
- Structured finance
- Cross-border securitisations of airline ticket and cargo receivables, credit card receivables, auto loan receivables, mortgages, lease receivables, collateralised bonds and loans and non-performing loans for clients in the Asia-Pacific region including in the PRC, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines
- PRC secured offshore borrowing and lending (backed by assets such as commercial real estate, local government bonds, consumer receivables and non-performing loans)
- Acquisition financing
- Commercial real estate lending transactions in the PRC (including commercial mortgage-backed securitisations)
- Disposition of performing/non-performing portfolios of investments and securities (auctions and debt capital markets)
- Bespoke offshore investment structures for PRC investors
- Covered bond transactions
- Issuance of guaranteed and/or secured loans and bonds
- Credit derivatives