Martin is a Partner at Tiang & Partners with over 20 years of corporate M&A legal experience, specialising in mergers and acquisitions with a focus on advising clients on their cross-border deals. He was previously Firmwide Practice Leader for Corporate at Mayer Brown advising clients on reorganisations, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital transactions; and on all matters of corporate and commercial law. Martin acts for local and international blue chip corporations, public and private businesses, private equity houses and family offices. Martin is regularly recognised as a leading lawyer and recommended lawyer by major legal directories.
Areas of expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity
- Advising a global retailing company in connection with the injection of Japanese retailing business into a pan-Asian retailing joint venture with a large US retailing corporation.
- Advising corporate and PE investors in connection with a US$1.1 billion leveraged acquisition from a leading Hong Kong-based supply chain solutions company of its product verticals business.
- Advising the world’s largest builder of cruise ships and a major player in the naval industry in the US$1.2 billion acquisition of a 50.75% stake in a Singapore listed offshore and specialist vessels company.
- Advising a consumer industry focused private equity firm in connection with various divestments and equity investments.
- Advising a leading global security and access solutions company in connection with the acquisition of certain mechanical security businesses, and on the subsequent sale of one of those businesses.
- Advising a London‐based hedge fund management firm in relation to the acquisition of a 26.3% equity interest plus senior notes in a PRC infrastructure project. The total amount invested by the client in this project exceeded US$200 million.
- Advising a company in the tourism/entertainment industry in relation to sale of a 79.93% stake in a Macau commercial bank to a Chinese multinational banking company for approximately US$586 million.
- Advising a multinational electronics contract manufacturing company on its US$200 million joint venture with a German global diversified retail and wholesale/cash and carry group and its subsidiary, an owner and operator of a chain of consumer electronics retail stores in Europe.
- Advising an Asian subsidiary of a privately held Swiss international commodity trading company on various corporate transactions.