Sally is a Solicitor at Tiang & Partners. A corporate lawyer with broad experience, Sally advises clients on a wide range of Hong Kong corporate matters. She has particular experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions as well as international business restructurings.
Sally has also regularly advised clients on employment law issues including on employment contracts, employee incentive plans and employee terminations.
Prior to joining Tiang & Partners, Sally trained at and worked with Reynolds Porter Chamberlain and had been seconded to its London headquarters for six months. Sally qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in early 2018. She holds an LLB and PCLL from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Sally is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Areas of expertise
- Cross-border M&A
- Corporate restructure
- Company law and general commercial legal advisory
- Employment law
- Advising SMIT Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong listed company, on its acquisition of 86.36% interest in S2C Tech Inc., a software development company.
- Advising high profile Chinese entrepreneurs on an investment of €20 million in Lalique Group, a Swiss listed company in the business of development and distribution of luxury goods.
- Assisting a global food and beverage company on its large scale restructuring in Hong Kong.
- Providing specific employment advice to a British multinational consumer goods company in relation to the transfer of employees between its Hong Kong subsidiaries as part of the global restructuring project.
- Advising MNCs in relation to employment matters such as reviewing employment contracts and termination of employees.
- Virtual secondment to the in-house legal department of a Japanese toy and animation company for six months.